Fall brings out the suspense

When the weather gets a little nip in the air and the sun begins to go down sooner, I find myself reading more. I search out books on the best-selling lists and also I might open up an unread classic. So I thought I'd ask if anyone is reading any good books at the present?

Right now, I'm reading a suspenseful, Dean Koontz book: From the corner of his eye. I'm not one for fiction and it somewhat surprises me that I started this, but I'm glad I did because he writes very well and the story is compelling. I'm delighted to find out that he has written so many! Has anyone else read his works?

The last novel I read was Tuesdays with Morrie. And before that, The Notebook and The Five people you will meet in Heaven. I go through countless books from the library from cookbooks to DIY project books to autobiographies.

So, have you been able to spend any quality time lately with a good book? Or not? And what are your interests when you do
find time to read?

Edit to add: Ok, I have finished reading this very, very long novel. The best review I have read that rings true with my personal thoughts are Here. If you are a fan of Dean Koontz, read the review and let's discuss.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm a big fan of Dean Koontz. I have not read this book yet. I'm an currently "addicted" to the Twilight series. I orginally picked up the first book because I heard all my teenage daughter's friends raving about it. I was curious about them and picked up the first one. Im now on the fourth book and can't pull myself away. They are terrific!!!

elsie123 said...

I just finished "The Shack" by William P. Young, addressing the age-old concern of where is God when bad things happen. I was somewhat reminded of Mitch Albom's style of writing as I read it. Good read.