Glass display case + thrift store drape panel

Scored a very nice Waverly window panel at the thrift store last week and didn't know how I'd use it at the time. Then, I got inspired by reading other blogs and in an instant I knew what to do with it.

Here is my grandmother's dresser with my mom's glass display case on top. The contents are rather boring and they are really just sentimental objects to me, and not really of interest to anyone else. So, I wanted to store them behind a closed door.

Ta-da! A little hot glue, scissors and a ruler to cut up the 5 panels was all it took to bring these pieces up to date. I really like how it turned out. For only $3.99.

6 comments:

Lori E said...

I like the way that looks much better. Turned a good piece into a great piece.

Cherdecor said...

What a great idea! I would never have thought of that!

Martha said...

How great it looks now -- you've made it into a great piece!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks marvelous! I've added fabric too to our bookshelves in the den and scrapbooking paper to my little china cabinet in my breakfast room! I love that beautiful fabric you've used.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Angie Holden said...

That is gorgeous!! :)

Treasia Stepp said...

What a fabulous piece of furniture it is now. It looks gorgeous.