Of interest - window cornices

I made a cornice for my breakfast room sliders and now I'm ready to add some trim to jazz it up somewhat. So, off to the net for inspiration.














I really like this room. The cornice coordinates with the fruit theme and I am always fond of checks and plaids. The subtle wall design (is that paint or wallpaper?) is soothing and just right.
What doesn't make sense is that red runner. And perhaps the fruit centerpiece is too much. I'd think the centerpiece needs more "weight", like some stone or iron work. But, that's just my opinion.















This cornice has a pretty, cottage feel and I like it alot, but I would like to see some drapes with it, as it feels a little bare as is.















Crazy about the pooch! This makes me smile. You like?


Photos from Flickr

4 comments:

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Thank you for your kind words about our quatrefoil chairs! I love cornices and the ones you posted. I saw some cornices on a blog somewhere and they were shabby, pink and over the top gorgeous. I just wish I remember where I saw them so I could show you! Can't wait to see what you choose.

Free Art Printables said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You have a fabulous blog!

Betzie said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this dog cornice!!! Madly creative...and wish you could come here and decorate my windows!!! I breed and show Cavaliers!
xo,,,,Betzie

Mary said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my OWOH giveaway. I love your window treatments!